|24 Jan 2012 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
|Plumpton College Rural Business Center
Hobby Pig Keeping
ADAS invites you to the first Defra-funded meetings for hobby farmers with pigs.
The workshops will provide small holders with easily accessible, relevant practical and technical training delivered by experienced pig specialists with a recognised track record in small holder sector training; to increase the health, welfare and productivity of the small pig herd.
• Pig Welfare legislation – 5 Freedoms (Animal welfare Act 2006)
• Biosecurity, disease control and effective quarantine
• Pig health, vaccinations and worming, fallen stock
• Movements, ID and legislation
• Feeding and legislation
• On farm record requirements
The workshops are free to all small scale pig keepers.
If you are interested in attending please contact Georgie Fomes for further details about venue/directions on 01354 697200 or email email@example.com