|11 Apr 2020 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM||Oast House||Jenny Huggett|
Please note: This event has been cancelled due to the current Corona Virus outbreak.
We will be in touch with all those who are booked on this course to offer a refund. We hope to reschedule the course once government advice and the health situation permits.
Sorry – now sold out!
NOTE: This course is the EASTER SATURDAY date!
Make this the best year yet in your veg garden!
Learn from a gardener with decades of experience in growing vegetables! This course will be led by committee member Jenny Huggett, who many of you will know from our regular Friday evening meetings, open farm days and the annual picnic.
Although she wouldn’t tell you so herself, the chances are that if Jenny doesn’t know the answer to a question, then it probably doesn’t have an answer.
In this course, you’ll learn about such topics as:
- What to plant for year-round fresh or stored vegetables, and when to plant it
- Which vegetable varieties to grow, including what works well in this area (and what doesn’t!)
- Caring for your vegetable plants
- Feeding the soil so as to get the most from it
- The benefits of no-dig gardening
- How best to avoid pests without chemicals
- Companion planting – which plants will help each other, and which will hinder?
- Seed saving
So go on – peas book now! We are sure you won’t have bean on a better course!
Special offer: 2 free packs of seeds for every attendee!
This event is fully booked.